How is PIVOT Organized?
Patients, families, and caregivers partnering with researchers from
The University of Kansas Cancer Center
to re‐define cancer research.
PIVOT LEADERSHIP: PIVOT Leader Team and Task Forces
- The PIVOT Leader Team provides organizational leadership to PIVOT, while the task force groups focus on strategy-specific components.
- Anyone who has experienced cancer (i.e., survivors, family/friend caregivers or individuals at high risk)
Patient Voices Network
- Anyone who has experienced cancer (i.e., survivors, family/friend caregivers or individuals at high risk) and wishes to be part of the Patient Voices Network may choose from a variety of roles, including:
- Receiving information and updates
- Partnering with researchers
- Participating in PIVOT educational activities to learn more about research (no scientific background or research experience required)
- Patients are not required to be patients of KU
- Anyone on a research team at The University of Kansas Cancer Center, Children's Mercy Kansas City or Stowers Institute for Medical Research.
- Anyone who is interested in PIVOT: health care providers, members/staff of a cancer-related advocacy organization, members of a community organization, etc.
Oct 23, 2017